Back in February, I finally got around to watching of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Netflix, and of course, being a Joss Whedon creation, I was quickly hooked and watched all 7 seasons, and started following cast members on twitter, including @NicholasBrendon (who played Buffy's best guy-pal, Xander, as well as Garcia's boyfriend, Kevin, on Criminal Minds!) Not long after, "his webgirl" Jacqui, who does most of the tweeting, announced Nick would be doing a karaoke meet-and-greet in Philly in June, while he was in town for the Wizard World con, and it sounded kind of awesome so I got a ticket.
Like CSTS Philly last weekend, when the night finally arrived, I didn't really feeling like going out, but I had actually paid for this one, so I definitely wasn't missing it, and it too was lots of fun! It was even smaller than I expected. They rented out the second floor "Fuji Bar" of the Fuji Mountain Japanese restaurant in center city, which was one small room, and there were maybe 30 people there, including Jacqui, Nick, and his twin brother, stuntman Kelly Donovan! They were super friendly and entertaining, singing with each other and other folks. I sang... something... can't remember what now... but then at the end I sang "Piano Man" with Kelly! Good times. I ended up leaving with a ton of leftovers... most of which I realized when I got home were sushi, and went to waste with no one else home to eat them that night, but the tempura was yummy!

   

Also, as our shindig was ending, Mercedes McNab, Julie Benz, Clare Kramer, and Clare's sister showed up. I thought I recognized them, but I didn't want to bother them, and I wasn't totally sure until I saw this conversation on twitter:

Hehe. :P